Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shuli-esque.

I like the movie Itty Bitty Titty Committee, however, I don't consider myself a feminist. Do I support womens rights? Of course. Do I believe that women should be treated like equals by men? Yes, especially in the workforce. The again, I also believe that a woman has the right to choose how she would like to be treated by men, some women enjoy the stay-at-home mom deal, and that is their right. I don't think that makes them less powerful, and it's a shame that people think it does. When you do something that you love, that makes you powerful, in my opinion at least.

I'm not saying that I'm that kind of woman at all, I would go nuts staying at home all the time, but I know women who are into that kind of thing, and I know women who look down on them for it, which I feel is really sad. Maybe women should work on treating each other as equals before they start working on the men.

I've found that often times I respect anonymous activists rather than the ones who feel the need to yell and scream about something. It's like they have something to prove, which I think is wrong. That being said, I really don't like Shuli as a character very much. I do love her style, however.

P.S. Any movie with Daniela Sea in it is a good movie. Yum.




I'm wearing:

Skin: miw Level1: Vain Jane skin
Hair: Diversity Hair Penelope in Snickers
Undershirt: It's All Good White Tank and Bottom Tank in the Short Double Buttoned Vests
Shirt: Fashionably Dead Blackbird
Jacket: Eat Me Nullzone Jacket in Green
Jeans: FNKY & Cake Vancouver Jeans in Stone
Shoes: Shiny Things Comfy Boots in Brown
Glasses: Queen Couture Granny Glasses (I can not find this store anywhere, does it still exist?)

- DG

2 comments:

a lovely mess said...

"I don't consider myself a feminist. Do I support womens rights? Of course. Do I believe that women should be treated like equals by men? Yes, especially in the workforce. The again, I also believe that a woman has the right to choose how she would like to be treated by men, some women enjoy the stay-at-home mom deal, and that is their right. I don't think that makes them less powerful, and it's a shame that people think it does. When you do something that you love, that makes you powerful, in my opinion at least."

Actually that is a feminist. A feminist merely wants to be treated as equals and have the same opportunities as men. There is the misconception that being a feminist means means you are a man hating bull dike that thinks all women who stay at home are oppressed. This is not true. By simply saying you believe in equal treatment for the sexes you make yourself a feminist.

Dolly Gwynneville said...

I was actually thinking of putting something in there about stereotypes, but I decided not to.

I agree with you completely, anyone can be a feminist. I just consider myself more of a humanitarian type.

Though, being considered a feminist by others is an honor. Thank you. =]