Friday, May 2, 2008

Welcome to the jungle...

When Dolly asked me to do a weekly post on her blog, I was flattered and jumped at the opportunity. Finally - I have a justification and ready excuse for shopping! As all my favorite stores flashed before my virtual eyes, my reasons for wanting to do this were clear. Less apparent, however, were her reasons for asking me; after all, I'm just a girl whose outfit she noticed when we both happened to be shopping at the same store. I don't claim to have anywhere near the fashion sense of all the SL fashion bloggers out there. But that is what is so great about Dolly - she is less interested in the latest zeitgeist of the fashion world and more interested in individual expression. "Just wear what you like," she told me, "don't worry about whether or not other people will like it." With that in mind, I put this outfit together for my first official DG post.

I know that this is the part of my post where I'm supposed to write interesting and clever things about my outfit and what inspired it, but I cannot help but think, "Does anyone really care?" I mean do you really care that I've been drawn to yellow lately because the weather has been Spring-like and that in RL there is no shade of yellow that looks even remotely good on me? I didn't think so. So if you ever notice that I'm rambling on about how my choice of bold accessories brought to life a white t-shirt and jeans or how I made a babydoll look more casual by adding jeans and flats (or anything else that is evident just by looking at the pic of my outfit), feel free to skip over that part. In fact, I encourage it. In the meantime, I'll try to find a way to use my voice here that doesn't make Dolly wonder what on earth she was thinking when she asked me to do this.


I'm wearing:
Hair: Tricolore - Ameria in Honey (group gift)
Skin: Last Call - Deviant Nation Vogue, Vamp/Enchant
Eyes: Miriel - Dark Blue
Eyelashes: Celestial Studios - Deviant

Shirt: E.M.A. - Cutsew in yellow
Shorts: Shop Seu - Short Pants in black
Shoes: Truth - Newtown Wedges (group gift)

Earrings: Spica - Old Key Earrings
Bracelet: Magpie - 3 Bangle Set Wood Red (from Red Stick hunt)

- Fi


1 comment:

Abel Undercity said...

(clapping from the side of the catwalk before getting hauled away by security)

Woo-hoo! Brava! Brava!