Thursday, April 10, 2008

Outfit Wars #1

Fionna and I came up with the idea to take an item, any item, and make two completely different outfits revolving around that item. We were super excited and got to work right away, then...things quickly went sour, and thus, Outfit Wars was born.

Fionna's outfit:

When this idea was initially bandied about, the understanding was that we'd put together our individual looks and then reveal them to the other. However, when Dolly asked me if I had the Adina dress from <3 Cupcakes, I searched my inventory and put it on in front of her so I could see what I had to work with. Paying little mind to Dolly, I began to try on different accessories and articles of clothing. I finally settled on a chic and sophisticated look, pairing the dress with a black tinted pair of G.L.A.M. metallic tights, a little black cape, and a pair of Maitreya slinky stilettos. Curious about Dolly's progress, I glanced over at her and noticed she was opting for a more casual look, pairing the dress with jeans. As we chatted about our looks, Dolly complimented my outfit and told me she loved it. I still felt like there was something missing and continued to fiddle around with it. When I next looked at Dolly, she had, to my surprise, decided upon a more glamorous look: the dress was coupled with a dressy short jacket and the Tesla stilettos! Hmmm... sound familiar? Now, I'm not accusing Dolly of copying me, nor am I claiming that no one has ever come up with a similar look. But the circumstances do seem to suggest something more at play than RFT (random fashion telepathy). Let's just say that her outfit was perhaps *inspired* by mine.

After a good night's sleep and waking to a sunny and warm day, I was motivated to put together a more casual and spring-like outfit. The shrug is perfect for the chill of a Spring breeze. The texture of the dress gives the outfit the sort of floaty, airy quality I love about Spring. Not wanting to disturb that flow, I added white capris and silver shoes. To complete the look I chose silver jewelry with turquiose stones, which compliment the color of the shrug. The best part - Dolly didn't see it until it was time to take the photos!

Hair: ETD - Alyssa in black
Skin: Last Call - Deviant Nation Vogue, Ether/Void
Eyes: Miriel - Dark Blue
Dress: <3 Cupcakes - Adina (free)
Capris: Wrong - White 3/4 Pants
Shrug: Last Call - Lorie Ballet Shrug in ceylon (part of Lorie outfit)
Shoes: Maitreya - Slinky Stilettos in silver
Necklace and Earrings: Second Mirage - Morah Silver and Turquoise Necklace and Dangling Earrings (from the Morah Silver and
Turquoise set)
Bracelet: SLink - Silver Beaded Bangles

DG's Outfit:
When I asked Fionna if she had the Adina Dress from <3 Cupcakes, she said yes and tried it on. Then as we had agreed, I cammed away from her and started working on my outfit. After looking through my inventory a bit and trying on different things with the dress, I finally decided that I wanted to do something super classy. "I know what I'll wear!" I exclaimed and set to work making my outfit.

I remembered that I had just gotten that great fur coat from Schadenfreude in the Haute Couture Style Hunt and when I tried it on, it went *great* together. I added a 20's style bob for more of a vintage starlet look, then the Natasha heels from Tesla and a great freebie necklace from Alienbear. After I was finished I cammed back over to Fionna and looked at her outfit so far. It was very...glam. Very...vintage glam. I tried to talk myself out of it "It's just such a classy dress, I'm sure starlet is what comes to mind for a lot of people when they see it!" but in the back of my mind, I knew the truth. The next day I asked her if she finished her outfit and when I TPed her, it was completely different from the night before.

Guilty conscience?...You decide.

Skin: <3 Cupcakes! Popfuzz skin in medium - <3 Cupcakes Edition 1
Eyes: Sh*t Happens Medium Silver Eyes
Eyelashes: Cake Flutter Lashes
Hair: BP* Okappa Hair
Jacket: Schadenfreude Cropped Grey Fur Coat
Dress: <3 Cupcakes! Adina Dress
Shoes: Tesla Natasha Heels
Necklace: Alienbear Babyblue Moonstone with diamonds necklace (yes, I edited the main stone to go with my outfit.)
Bracelet: Miam Miam Coco Bangle Bracelet

- DG & Fionna

No comments: