Monday, April 7, 2008

I still hear the children playing...

Man, I've been in such a spooky mood lately. Hopefully you've noticed by now that almost all my posts titles are song lyrics - music is very important to me.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of dark stuff: Nico, Björk, CocoRosie, Danny Elfman, Rasputina...I wont list my entire play list, but one of the songs included is Tranqulize by The Killers. I love The Killers, I really do. Their music is so theatrical, and a little bit sad, and whoever writes their music is a lyrical genius. (I want to say it's the band but I'm not sure, if anyone knows for certain they should let me know!)

Anyway, this outfit is inspired by that song, it's a little too pretty if you ask me, so think of her as the kind of girl who doesn't play hardcore because she is hardcore, think outlaw country, Johnny Cash, think grimey Las Vegas, going to nudie bars with a glass of whiskey and a cigar and not leaving until she's doubled the money she came with.

Maybe I should have added sunglasses, sunglasses are badass. I also should have added a bolo tie.

I'm wearing:

Skin: <3 Cupcakes! Popfuzz skin in medium - <3 Cupcakes Edition 1
Eyelashes: Cake Flutter Lashes
Hair: Gritty Kitty Ministry in Chocolate
Jacket: Sinistyle Six-Shooter
Jeans: Armidi A001 Jeans in Regular Classic
Shoes: J's Western Boots in Black
Necklace: Kitty's Rampage Brass Knuckle Necklace in Silver
Bracelet: Shiny Things Belou Cuff in Blue (This is a little bit big on me cause it was made for a dude, but, it's still really pretty!)

- DG

No comments: