Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Good morning starshine, the earth says hellllooooooooo

Strawberry Alarm Clock is the shiz.

Anyway, in response to the whole "omg they copied" bullshit.

Silly bloggers, silly designers. Don't you know by now that everyone is a hypocrite? The entire argument about it being wrong to copy things from RL into SL is ridiculous, everything in SL is copied from RL. If you want to get really picky about the whole thing, do you think god is mad that the puny people of Linden Labs copied his trees, ocean, sky and grass?

Honestly, it's ludicrous. If we had to give credit where credit was due in every little tiny aspect of or SL or even our RL for that matter, it would just be silly.

I am of course against down right stealing. Content theft in Second Life, that's horrible. It's horrible because you're stealing business from the person who worked hard on whatever it is that's being stolen. Not to mention for an assortment of other reasons.

Taking an article of clothing from a real world designer's collection and using it in Second Life? You're not taking business away from anyone. You can't wear the item in RL, and if you like it so much that you wish to, you'll have to go out and buy it.

In my opinion, it should be up to the creator to decide whether or not to add a note card saying "this item is from whatever by whatever designer." I don't know. I can look at a piece and go "Oh yeah I know where they got that from!" or I'll buy it and find out later, and it really honestly does not bother me. I don't feel like I've been jipped, or that the SL designer is any less creative, or that they're stealing from a RL designer. Maybe that's just me.

It's just not that big of a deal, come on.

Enough rambling, on to the outfit:


I'm wearing:

Skin: <3 Cupcakes! Popfuzz skin in medium - <3 Cupcakes Edition 1
Hair: Aden Edie in Black with Regina Long in Black
Eyelashes: Cake Flutter Lashes
Leggings: Punch Drunk Heart Leggings in Pink
Socks: Shiny Things Soft Plaid Socks in Pink
Shirt: Tres Blah Thermals in Pink
Jacket: Decollage Konichiwa! T-shirt
Skirt: Surf Couture Denim Skirt in Medwash
Shoes: AFantasy Color Change Strappy Heels

- DG

No comments: