Friday, March 14, 2008

See me, see me bubblin' quietly

I've been wanting to make this post for a while now:

What is the point of DG? -points to right hand columns- Inspiration.

I'm going to use articles of clothing that is no longer available, or clothes from itty bitty stores that may only sell one or two products, sometimes I'll post things that aren't even wearable in world. The point is to inspire, I don't want people to copy my outfits head to toe, even though they are welcome to, that is not my goal.

SL is fun, but dangerous. In the real world, assimilation is only possible to a certain extent, everyone is different, even if they choose not to express that fact. In SL, you can be identical to another avatar. Exact same skin, exact same clothing...but why?

I've been dissapointed lately, it seems like all we see any more is Armidi head to toe, I mean, I love Armidi as much as the next girl but...come on. I never want to be that person, in fact, I try not to post an outfit if there are more than 2-3 items from the same store.

No wonder there has been so many problems with content theft, people are starting to think that the only way to be successful in SL is to "create" the same thing that has been done before...that's just part of why I think there is so much content theft, mind you, there is the obvious get rich fast factor as well, and the "look at this awesome thing that I can take all the credit for!" factor too.

Just some food for thought.

Also, can anyone recommend some fashion feeds? Iheartsl is on crack lately. =[

On to the outfit:



I'm wearing:
Skin: miw Fall Light Skin (Porkchops) (I've missed you so...)
Eyelashes: Cake Flutter Lashes
Hair: Aden Edie in Black and Regina Long in Black
Tights: G.L.A.M Tintable Metallic Gold Lycra Tights
Undershirt: PixelDolls LeatherLaced Mix Undershirt
Shirt: FORM Crown and Roses Shirt
Skirt: Creamshop Gold dot skirt in Black
Shoes: Lassitude and Ennui Hitomi in Dark
Crown: qc. Crown of Pearls: The King

- DG

5 comments:

melissa said...

I've heard of Vampire before! I heard it at the end of Juno and I thought it was the weeeeeeeeeirdest song ever!

melissa said...

I heard Anyone Else But You in Juno too but I liked that song.

Dolly Gwynneville said...

Yep, a friend got me the Juno soundtrack cause I liked the music from it so much, and I decided some songs needed to be on my blog =]

melissa said...

Cool. I didn't even know that you could put music on a blog. Do you like Juno the movie or just the music?

Dolly Gwynneville said...

I like both!